Congratulations to FOUR lucky winners - you have won some of my vintage Australian product labels!
The labels are made of cotton canvas and were printed up in 1982.
I decided to add an extra label to each prize pack, and here are the winning names...
edyB was the 1st name drawn so she has won the large Billy Tea label (same as I used on my doorstop yesterday), plus two other labels...
Frog Quilter was name number two and has won these three labels...
Anne D has won this set...
...and last, but not least, Rumi is the winner of this trio!
Please email me your home mailing address and I'll pop them in the post for you. :-)
(I found it interesting as I went through my labels to see that I still have some of these products in my pantry cupboard: Billy Tea, Rose's Lime Marmalade, Uncle Toby's Oats, Aeroplane Jelly, and Rosella Soup!)
After my post last night I got an email from Kristina, who said she wasn't entering my giveaway because she already had a whole bag made from the same set of labels! The fabric was a gift from an employer 12 years ago! How cool is this bag?!
Once again I worked with my remaining pieces of the 50c orange shirt. Today I used some for the background of a cute design I drew last night.
In my stash were some remaining fat quarters from the Birdie range I bought last year, and they just screamed at me, "we need some orange to play with!!"....
Since the operation on my finger my hand stitching is slow, so I had to sit through an entire midday movie while I embroidered and appliqued the block. I never watch midday movies, so this was a very new experience.
As a lover of small useful bags I decided to use the block and fabrics for a book bag with front pocket for holding my phone and keys...perfect for a walk to the park, reading by the duck pond!
That's 5 projects from one 50c shirt.
And I still have a wee bit left, so I'd best go figure out how to use it all up!
Have a lovely evening. Blossom and Slicer have gone out for Chinese. Mr E and I will walk to the fish and chip shop instead...it's nice to have a night off cooking once in a while. :-)
PS: Simone asked how I weighted the door stop I made yesterday - I used 1 1/2 kilos of raw brown rice, then stuffed to the top with polyester doll filling.