Some people can pop in a zipper with no effort or fore-thought. They are not zipper-phobics.
Some other people just gloss over a pattern that has a zipper and move on to the next zipper-less project they find.
I was one of them until early July this year, when I took a deep breath and, following some online tutorials, discovered that I loved playing with zippers! You can see some of the things Blossom and I made back then HERE and HERE.
To start this Challenge, I knew what my first project would be. I need a new make-up purse so I grabbed a fat quarter of fabric that I love (but have never found a use for), another co-ordinating print for the lining, and made a very simple pouch.
Now, this isn't some fantastic zippered item, but I wanted to make something simple first, to encourage those who really do shudder at the idea of playing with zippers to have a go.
I didn't use a tutorial - I managed to make this without a plan - but I did make use of the lessons I learn previously, making those smaller cosmetic cases in July (the link to the tute is HERE)...
Now to share with you some great zippered tutorials I found on the wonderful world-wide web!
1) A cute little money purse from Noodlehead can be found HERE...
2) A wonderful wristlet from Jody HERE...
3)The sweetest zipper-daisy from Linda HERE...
4) and also from Linda a new embellishment for those ballet flats HERE!
5) These are just beautiful! Felt zippered purses HERE from Julie! (This is my favourite zipper idea so far!)
6) ...and last one for tonight, this really unusual zipper bracelet from Becky HERE.
This last one is a tutorial from Lisa showing how to insert a concealed zipper in a bag...
You can find it HERE. This is a great site with lots of bags to make!
Now...are you ready to play with those zippers yet? :-)