ALL KITS SOLD OUT
Sorry if you missed out on one!
Just a quick post this afternoon (I'll be back tomorrow with the next Homemakers Heart post) to let you know I have spent quite a few days going through my sewing supplies, especially bits and pieces I have purchased over the past few years to make kits...something I just haven't found enough time to follow through on because, well, life takes a lot of time to live, right?
Anyhow, with the encouragement of my husband who often hears my lament of needing a bit more space in that pretty but small sewing/business room, and my sweet Blossom who reminds me that space could be found if I finally carved out a bit of time each day to plan and prepare those long-promised kits, I actually got 18 kits made up to list in my Etsy Shop.
I admit to feeling quite accomplished, so accomplished in fact that I feasted on not one, but two vegan magnum ice-creams over the weekend...and I assure you they are delicious and you'd never know there wasn't a hint of dairy in them. Just telling you this reminds me there is a third waiting in the freezer and I shall probably indulge tonight after we finish working in the garden again. But more about the garden tomorrow (it's amazing!!).
So, back to those kits.
They do not come with a pattern because in actuality you could make almost any of my patterns (or any other pattern in your possession) from the 'ingredients' I've added to them...which is why I've called them "Sewing Pantry Kits"...because in this time of being homebound and isolated in many ways we have never imagined ourselves to be, just having a new little parcel of pretties arrive at your door can really lift your creative soul.
What's inside a Sewing Pantry Kit, you ask?
Well, there are only 18 kits available - six different sets, and only three of each set.
Each set has six 'ingredients'-
* 9 pieces of gorgeous Tilda fabric from my decade-old stash, mostly around a fat eighth size, but some are smaller and some are larger. The pieces come from assorted Tilda lines released between 2010-2109, depending on what kit you choose.
* 10 beautiful packs of Madeira six-strand embroidery floss - I adore stitching with this thread but it's very hard to come by which is why I don't use it in my patterns. (Most people prefer me to use the easily accessible DMC)
* 1 piece of the cream cotton/linen blend fabric I used for most of my embroideries, measuring 12" x 26"
* 1 piece of Staflix, the fusible fabric stabiliser I fuse behind each prepared block before I begin stitching, measuring 12" x 21"
* 1 yard of pretty vintage cotton lace
* 1 pair of very sharp and very sweet embroidery scissors (you may not necessarily receive the style in the photo as I have a number of different ones within the kits, but they're all really special)
* a surprise gift...sorry, no peeking, no guesses, just wait and see. xx
The Sewing Pantry Kit No.1 - (three available)
The Sewing Pantry Kit No.2 - (three available)
The Sewing Pantry Kit No.3 - (three available)
The Sewing Pantry Kit No.4 - (three available)
The Sewing Pantry Kit No.5 - (three available)
The Sewing Pantry Kit No.6 - (three available)
Once these kits are sold I won't have any more like them.
Use the link below to visit my shop...
I can't wait to catch up tomorrow with a new Homemakers Heart post...we've been super busy here at the Elefantz 1/4 acre and our aching muscles attest to that, but what a wonderful time it's been out in the garden with Mr E and getting everything set up for our tropical winter planting.
God bless you, precious girls!!
Despite all the chaos around the globe, if our hearts can rest at home and our minds be quieted and at peace in our surroundings, and if we pray for enthusiasm from On High for more creativity to flow from our hands, we will get through the months ahead and feel quite accomplished by the fruits of our labours afterwards.
"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one.