The Virtuous Wife quilt grew from an idea which has been on my mind for years, but as with all big design projects I needed to wait on the Lord for my dreamy thoughts to become tangible sketches on paper, and eventually a set of embroidery blocks. As always, His timing is perfect, and His grace to lead me through the process is more than I deserve.
Some things you'll want to know about The Virtuous Wife project...
* This quilt project comprises 16 blocks, which I'll share over 14 months, so somewhere along the journey you'll receive two blocks instead of one for a couple of months.
* The stitchery/applique centres measure 6.5" before being bordered in a Bright Hopes patchwork block.
* The finished size of each block is 10.5".
* The fabric requirements, applique and embroidery instructions etc, are included with the Block 1 pattern.
* A previous tutorial for adding the Bright Hopes border to a centre block is HERE. If you do not know how to sew that border, please watch the tutorial.
* The finished quilt top will have four rows of four blocks, but it's up to you to decide if you want to add a final border or two to the outer edges of the quilt. Personally, I will make that decision for my own quilt when I have all the blocks stitched, but it will probably be a simple 2" or 3" wide border all around.
* Each block is released on the 1st of the month, and is a free download.
* In the instructions I have not given thread colours as you will need to choose your colours to match the fabrics you'll be using.
* I am using a total of four fabrics only in my quilt top, so you may like to try that yourself. Shop from your stash, as I did, and pick four pretty co-ordinating prints. I have 1/2 metre of each, which will see me through to the end (apart from a final border and binding).
* If you don't want to do the applique, that's fine. On your pattern sheet you'll find more detail in the designs for those doing hand embroidery alone.
I'll list the pattern download/Bible study links here each month, so if you miss a month just come back here to catch up. There's a Virtuous Wife button on the right sidebar of my blog Elefantz - click on that.
Bless you heaps!
Block 6 - HERE